Monday, August 20, 2012

The Poem



"That's creative" said the elitists, at my birth
 inspected me and judged me for my worth
Sad scars that made me were romanticized
and my melancholic beauty was dignified 

"Oh how novel, how beautiful!" they all said
tenderly recited me, over and over I was read
"I am so privileged " for a moment I thought,
but with just another thought, it all fell apart

More often than not, I know, this is not my fate, 
many a times, my life is as sad as I was made
for I am burnt or hidden, concealed in a casket
This indeed, has been my life's recurrent facet

Once she trusted me, and poured out her heart 
That once I was dear to her, now all is a wrath 
Unjustly glorified, I am a wretch born of sorrow, 
more often, I do not see the light from morrow

I think, I make her ashamed by my presence  
like a evil hoodlum, in her peaceful existence 
betraying secrecy, proclaiming her weakness
embodying her confused emotions and sadness 

I am the poem that she lovingly writes,
I am the poem whose presence she spites,
I am the poem that expresses concealed unsaid
The poem whose feelings sadly stays unexpressed 

I am the poem who is trusted with dark and deep
emotions and fears, many secrets I should keep
The poem that feeds on sorrow and feasts on fear
I am the poem, that you would never read, Oh dear! 

No comments: