Sunday, February 6, 2011

November Sunset

To that finale gleam of November sunset, I bow
as I watched that brilliant redness sinking low
the sky turning from allaying azure to gory red
darkness ascended just as the brightness shed
immortal beautiful last day of this dusking month
had marked the time for this flawless life's shunt
and yellow bird were singing coda of evening cries
in the background of the buzz of sparkling fireflies
above those swaying grass blades, in yellow shade
and the resplendent glow of limitless zenith did fade
gleam of glow supplanted by deep and empty black
replenishing the darkness, annul,nihility and lack
I watched those final rays of mighty Apollo avaunt
I watched each golden beam, as they palled, daunt
and The light has dusked, the darkness has dawned
majestic multitude of dusk, to dimness they flawed
yet I stood there, immobilized, with a fading smile
Oh! I knew, thing would change drastically in a while
many thing grew dim, with that last November rays
and lots of difference, life changes in diverging ways
those blades of yellows grass were chopped apart
and that deep void black did flush through the heart
that shimmer of fireflies were never seen again
those nests of yellow bird were abandoned and vain
and no goodbye they bid before they flew afar
they just left, gone for ever, leaving it all sour
Those songs left unsung and eyes left unfulfilled
some of those feeling were never yet unsealed
Oh! thou departure! Oh my beloved thee
is unacceptable truth, how do I convince me?
Just with memories to immortal those pretty trace
commemorated, remembered yet gone, its a truth to face
Yet life moves on and on! How strange yet true!
have learnt to seek for star, when sky is not blue

-Swetha Bhagwat
13th Jan 2011

No comments: